I learn something new at every wedding OR I re-learn things.
Here are a few tips that I shared with brides…
- When you ask family or friends to help out during your wedding, whether it be ushering or sitting at the registration table…ask them before giving their names & contact info to your wedding coordinator (not good if wedding coordinator tells them first).
- Work on finishing your place cards, registration list and programs days before your wedding (preferably finish them by Monday, if your rehearsal is on Thursday/Friday and your wedding is on Saturday). You will be relieved that those tasks are completed in advance.
- It is best to pay your vendors in advance or after (photographer/videographer for finished product) the wedding, if you have a choice. It is always difficult to come up with the checkbook, cash or credit card on the day of your wedding. For your venue, you may want to give your credit card number in advance if you have a balance to pay the night of the wedding.
- Assign someone to hold your wedding cards and envelopes during the reception. It may be a parent who will probably not dance the night away, rather he/she will be sitting down, watching over your precious gift money.
- Communicate with all wedding vendors, wedding party and vendors prior to the wedding, making sure they know where and when they need to be. Allow extra time for travel. If you have a wedding coordinator who creates a timeline, she/he will communicate with them as well.